- In areas with heavy snow, the sudden increase in temperature causes major snow melts. Be sure to shovel to avoid water damage in and on your property.
- Clean your gutters to prevent water damage inside the home. Remove the leaves, slushy snow, sticks, and other objects that may have accumulated during winter,
- Keep your eye on daily weather reports. Spring weather is very unpredictable. One moment it’s freezing, the next it feels like summer. Storms may occur without much warning and you can never be too prepared.
- In case of a spring flood or tornado, prepare a storm kit that contains a flashlight, first aid kit, a few days’ supply of water, sleeping bags, personal hygiene items, etc. Make sure to show your family where the storm kit is stored.
- Purchase flood insurance. More information can be found at https://www.floodsmart.gov/floodsmart/
Have a safe and sunny spring!